DIY American Girl Easter Baskets Craft
We have been overloaded with requests for a DIY American Girl Easter Basket craft, so here is the first design. It is so simple and you probably have everything you need right at home. The designs are endless too!
- Colored Card Stock
- Glue Stick
- If you want to make your baskets even sturdier and give them a nice glossy finish, you can brush on a few layers of Mod Podge or Triple Thick. However, we used a heavy card stock and they are pretty sturdy without the Mod Podge.
- If you want to add some cute finishing details, you can make a ribbon bow and hot glue it on the front of the basket. Cute!
- The strips we used were 12″ long and 1/2″ thick. They were cut done after a few steps, but it’s nice to keep them longer at first. They are easier to work with that way.
- The handles we made were 12″ and 7″. We like both options.
- If you want your basket to be be two colors and be a checkered look, do five strips of ONE color one way, and five strips of ONE color the other way. Then when you weave it will be checkered.
Watch and tell us what other Easter crafts we should do!
If you are wondering about the adorable peeps and bunnies, they came from Mimi n Dooze. They are top notch! Go check them out.