DIY American Girl Bounce House Craft
This DIY American Girl Bounce House Craft was requested a while back. When I first saw the request I just chuckled to myself. It was a great idea, but seemed out of reach. Then as more and more of the same requests were made (bouncy house, bounce castle, jumpy house, etc) I couldn’t help but think about it more and more. It was such a cool idea. And then carnival things started popping up everywhere! Our Generation Day at the Fair, American Girl Ice Cream Cart, the display at the LA store that had a scene set up. It was time to make the bouncy house. This is the first of a few things we are adding to our carnival scene so be sure to leave your request in a comment below and we will try to fit it in our carnival!
- Plastic Table Cloths *We used four different colors
- Parchment Paper
- Two Skinny pool Noodles
- Three Fruit Mesh Bags
- Recycled Bubble Wrap/Packing Peanuts
- If your pool noodle is too thick, you can cut it down. Just cut from one hole to the next and take however much out that you need. No need to glue it back together as it will be hidden in the sleeve.
- I practiced on several scrap pieces of plastic before I started. That gave me a good idea of how long to hold the iron in place. One second seemed to work best for me. You can always go back over it if it needs more heat.
- Make sure to only use the tip of the iron. If you place the iron down flat it will heat seal parts that you don’t need sealed. That could mean closing up your corner sleeves and you wont be able to slide your noodles in!
- It doesn’t need any more support than the noodles. However, If you want it to be secure for a photoshoot use supports at the top going from one corner noodle to the next. So make a square for the top out of foamboard strips or something similar. This will keep it still while you are taking pictures and posing the dolls. Otherwise, it bounces around like it’s supposed to!
- Don’t pull on the plastic table cloths. They will stretch out, leave holes and be no good to work with.
- You could also make this out of vinyl if you want to sew the entire thing instead of heat sealing it! Go for it!