DIY American Girl Krispy Kreme Donuts
American Girl Krispy Kreme donuts were requested a long time ago and we were going to do it, but something must have come up and we forgot. Then, recently when the new Claire’s Krispy Kreme lipgloss came out it sparked interest again! I think the lipgloss comes with six donuts, a box and retails for around $16. That’s more than a real box of Krispy Kreme! We think the printables are a better way to go especially since more people will have access to them. We hope you and your dolls enjoy this fun craft!
I’m not much of a clay person, but the crew and I love to play around with Crayola Model Magic. It is easy, it air dries, and it’s paintable. We get the big bucket at Michaels which is around $22, but you can always use a coupon to get for half off!
- AG Krispy Kreme Box Printables
- American Girl Krispy Kreme Hat
- Crayola Model Magic *or your clay of choice
- Craft Paint
- Mod Podge
- Dimensional Mod Podge *Optional for glaze
- Puffy Paint *Optional if you want to frost your donuts
- Pen Cap
- The dimensional mod podge is great to give the donuts that yummy glazed look. We just used it as it. We did do a little experiment and added a touch of while paint to it and then poured over the donuts, but we liked the plain glaze better. Both look good, we just preferred the plain glaze.
- You can add the paint to the clay before you start shaping the donuts that way you don’t have to paint each one after you make them. We didn’t because painting them is actually something the kids really like to do. If this is going to be a quick, no kids involved craft, I would mix the color into the clay first.
- Warning: This craft might cause cravings!
- We used card stock to print the boxes out and regular printer paper for the paper hats. The paper hats are a must!