American Girl Flashlight
A few weeks ago we did a review on the Our Generation Explorer set and we asked you what we should replicate from the kit. We got a lot of responses, so one by one we are working on them! The first replica is the flashlight. Now, the OG flashlight lights up, so ours is not as cool as that. However, our version has its pros also. Like, you can make it any color or design you want! You can make several for little to no cost at all! These would even be cute to put in party favor bags! Or, you can have the materials ready to go and the party guests can make their own. I love giving the guests a party craft. Keeps them busy and they get to take it home with them. The girls and I really want to see yours when you’re done, so please share them on the brag page.
- Foil Packaging (I used a yogurt cup foil)
- Colored Scrap Book Paper or Card Stock
- Clear Packaging (A substitute would be a laminated sheet)
- Yellow Beads (of course you can also use clear or orange, anything with similar effect)
- Pencil or Pen
- Hot Glue Gun & Glue
- Mod Podge
- Medium Wooden Dowel
- Don’t skip the Mod Podge. I know if you’re not used to it, it can get messy. Don’t let it scare you. Use a paint brush and apply thin layers. It really does complete the craft.
- I used transparent yellow beads. I think it gives the flashlight more of a realistic look.