How to Make Doll Sweet Tea
Water is always number one in my house. However, every now and then I like to enjoy a glass of sweet tea. It’s my number one favorite drink after water. When I was in the south, it wasn’t hard to find. Every restaurant served fresh sweet tea. And it was always fresh because everyone ordered it so they had to brew it constantly! Moving away from the south I’ve realized not everyone is keen on sweet tea. It’s hard to find a fresh delicious glass at any restaurant around me. They always give me a crazy look and point to the sweetener on the table. Ugh. Not the same. Anyways, since Tenney’s Picnic Set has a mason jar of sweet tea, the request has become popular! We hope you and your dolls enjoy!
- Easy Cast *Optional
- Orange & Brown Food Color
- Clear Beads
- Yellow Craft Foam *Lemon
- Mini Stir Stick *Straw
- Cups of Choice
- For this to be an inexpensive craft, use what you have on hand. I always have easy cast because we like making doll drinks and other things with it. If you don’t, use the water option and closed mason jar look.
- The communion cups are always an inexpensive option and if you make doll drinks, you probably already have them.
- If you craft a lot, you might already have the glitter jars to make the mason jar tea!
- My favorite, even though it doesn’t look like the American Girl Sweet Tea, is the handle mason jar. I’m from the south and these bring back “sweet” memories of being with my Nina. Also, the dolls can actually hold the tea by the handle! This make for great doll photography! You can find these at Target in the greeting cards section or Amazon. Mine came from Amazon.