How to Make an American Girl Mixer
How to make an American Girl Mixer has been a highly requested craft ever since Grace came out. Seriously, we have been thinking about crafting a mixer since January, but the craft just didn’t come together….until now! Since we have been following along in the Read and Create book for Grace that we got at Costco, we decided to replicate the mixer that is in the craft book. However, once we completed the craft the book gave us, we just weren’t feeling it. It didn’t wow us, so we changed it. We hope you like it and we can’t wait to see the inspired ones you come up with!
- Foam Letter L or J *or wooden
- Craft foam *or wooden block
- Aluminum Duct Tape *Regular will work also
- Button and Beads
- Lid or Carton Ring *mine is from a milk jug
- If you don’t have craft foam for the base, you can substitute with a heavy card stock, cardboard, foam board, etc. It’s not a deal breaker.
- We use aluminum duct tape in a lot of our crafts. Regular duct tape will work just fine, but we love the look the aluminum type gives. Perfect for stainless steel!
- For those of you who can use tools (drill a hole) I also showed a wooden mixer in addition to the foam one.