DIY American Girl Play Doh Craft
This craft has been requested before but it didn’t really stick in my mind until recently. We are a play doh loving family so this is perfect to have for our dolls too. The DIY play doh could also make a great addition to the game room in your dolls house. This is a quick and easy craft and we hope you love it!
- Empty Paint Pots *We use the .17 fl. oz. ones
- Craft Paint
- Play Doh or Model Magic *To fill the containers
- Play Doh 4 Pack Printable
- Play Doh Box Set Printables
- Play Doh Labels
- FOR THE PRINTABLES- Before you hit the print button, make sure your printer setting is on “PRINT ENTIRE IMAGE”. If you do not select that option your printables will be too small, probably barbie size. If you do select print entire image, yours should print the same size as ours in the pictures/video.
- We used nail polish instead of craft paint just to try it out. I think the best for plastic is always a model paint though like Testers. Michael’s has an awesome selection of model paint colors. Much more than Hobby Lobby.
- To cut out the sides of the 4-pack printable where the lids poke through, we just used an X-Acto knife. For the circles on the top, we used a hole punch.
- If you use a craft paint or nail polish, you still have to seal it so it doesn’t scratch/peel off. Model paint is the only paint I’ve found that doesn’t scratch with wear and tear.