DIY American Girl Earring Tree Craft
Our American Girl earring collection has grown tremendously in the past few weeks and it was time to organize them. The American Girl Earring Tree has been requested several times so we thought it would be cool to recreate something similar. This is a very simple craft and you might already have everything you need at home to make it! These would make cute party favors too at a birthday party. I think the party guests would have a great time making one to take home.
- Foam Board
- Bamboo Skewers or similar
- Craft Paint or Markers
- X-Acto Knife or Utility Knife
- Picture Frame
- Craft Foam Sheets
- American Girl Earring Holder Printables Large
- American Girl Earring Holder Printables Small
- American Girl Earring Tree Printable Large
- You can cut foam board with scissors (difficut but doable) or an X-Acto knife (easier but still must be careful). To get a straight edge with an X-Acto knife, the blade needs to go through the foam board completely when cutting. However, if you plan on doing more and more foam board projects (because we have many more coming your way) I highly recommend getting the FoamWerks tools. The one we used for the American Girl earring tree is the Circle Cutter and it cuts circles from 1″ to 6″. It’s a very handy tool and it gives you super smooth edges. You can get it alone or it also comes in the Deluxe Kit which has all the FoamWerks tools included.
- The base needs to be at least two layers of foam board. We tried one layer and it wasn’t sturdy enough.
- When painting foam board you must paint in thin layers so the foam board doesn’t get too wet and warp.
- We printed our printables on sticker paper because it was easier to attach them to the foam board. You can just glue them on though, or paint your own.