Addy’s Sewing Set
I am so excited about Addy’s Sewing Set. It is beautiful! Besides Kit’s new outfit, this is a new favorite for me.The set is priced at $48 and comes with a complete outfit and accessories. Here is the description from American Girl:
Addy loves when she can spend time helping Momma in Mrs. Ford’s dress shop. Help your girl set the scene for Addy with this set:
- A bright woven check dress with a full skirt, simple gathered bodice, and short bell sleeves—popular styles in Addy’s day
- A crisp white pinafore with purple grosgrain trim and patch pockets for carrying her sewing supplies
- Soft white stockings
- White canvas lace-up boots with shiny black toe caps
- Measuring tape
- Pretend sewing scissors that open and close
- A cute bird-shaped pincushion that Addy can really hold
Now, it says that Addy can really hold the bird pincushion, but that’s a stretch. In the store it was hot glued to her hand and I played and played with it with no luck. It FITS in her hand perfectly, but it’s not going to stay unless you use tape or a clear band. I still like it though! Most of the time it will be on her sewing table for display. Also, her scissors are cute, but some people have asked if they work, they do not. They are plastic and do not cut anything.
I had a great time doing a little photo shoot with Addy. The colors in her new dress and apron are so bright and fun to work with. The sewing machine that you see pictured is NOT part of the American Girl set, but I thought it went perfectly with the scene. If you want to know how I made that you can check it out HERE. It was simple enough to make.