American Girl Bowling Alley
Finally! My dolls can now bowl in their very own American Girl Bowling Alley! I started this project weeks ago and have just slowly been adding things here and there. Now that it is finally complete I am excited to share it with you. It’s actually not that hard to put together. My youngest helped a lot while the older kids were at school. It was always fun for her to show them what ‘she’ did for the day. Also, I did a few printables that you are more than welcome to use for yours.
*Funny story. I originally bought a tube of glow sticks from Target One Spot to add to the scene. Because I did this project over several weeks, my kids got impatient and opened the glow sticks to use them for themselves. So, I bought a second tube. Same story, they grew impatient and opened them up. I bought a third tube, came home, hid it, then when I put the scene together I forgot where I hid it! Anyways, I think glow sticks would be really neat to add to a bowling alley scene!
- Large Cardboard Box (Home Depot)
- Scrap cardboard for the floor & Bowling Lanes (I used a trifold I had on hand)
- Scrapbook paper for the walls, locker, ball return, table and stools, etc.
- Locker Printables
- Empty box for counter (I used popcorn box)
- Display Case Printable (You might need to resize it when in print preview depending on the box you are using for the counter)
- Empty Button Jar (Like this one)
- Empty Soup Can
- Toilet & Paper towel rolls for table and stools
- Extra paperboard on hand (like cereal boxes)
- Scissors (I also used an Xacto knife)
- Hot Glue
- Glue Stick
- Shoebox Lid (for snack bar window)
- Scorecard Printables
- Clear Packing Tape
- Bowling Sign Printables
- Craft or Spray Paint
If you have any tips or tricks that you did differently, feel free to share them in the comments!